Seek: Exploring Faith
May 17 @ 1:15 pm - 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:15pm on Sunday and Thursday, repeating until May 20, 2018
Are you a spiritual seeker looking for a supportive and safe space to explore spiritual practice, connection with God, faith, and the person of Jesus?
Seek is a 5 week experience that welcomes the stories, perspective, questions, and opinions of all participants. This is a story and experience based conversation, not a curriculum to persuade you of any elements of faith you don’t want in your life.
In Seek, we’ll focus on the following broad questions, over our 5 weeks together:
- Faith: what does unhealthy faith look like? Healthy faith?
- Jesus: why Jesus? What are the distinct benefits and questions raised by Jesus-centered faith?
- Connection with yourself: our culture often leaves us uncentered and at odds with ourselves. We’ll talk about some practices that can help us experience connection with ourselves.
- Connection with God: our world, rich with meaning and beauty, seems to point to a personal, loving, and mysterious God who wants to connect with us. We’ll talk about some ways to connect with God and experience God’s Spirit.
- Connection with the world and those around you: we’ll talk about being relational human beings and the growth, insight, and joy that comes from plugging into community.
Seek is a great space for people who have had little to no faith background, as well as folks who have experienced toxic or unhealthy forms of faith. It’s perfect for people exploring faith for the first time or looking for a new faith that makes sense to them. People of all religious backgrounds, and no religious background at all, are welcome.
We will meet from 1:15-3:30 at the Reservoir Church Ministry Center dining room on five consecutive Sundays: April 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20. A free and – we hope – delicious lunch will be included. Given the conversation-based nature of this experience, please plan on attending *all sessions* unless, of course, you aren’t happy with the experience, in which case you’re welcome to move on.
Contact us with questions or interest at email@example.com, or register here: