Director of Communication and Growth
November 1, 2017
Reservoir Church is a dynamic, multi-ethnic, inclusive, Jesus-centered faith community in North Cambridge, Massachusetts. Four to five hundred people attend our weekly Sunday services and programs. We host thirty community groups and are involved in many local and global partnerships as well. In all that we do, we aim to inspire people to discover the love of God, the joy of living, and the gift of community. Read more on our community here.
Reservoir is searching for a Director of Communication and Growth to join us in early 2018. This person will partner with senior leadership to communicate internally and externally on behalf of Reservoir Church and to connect our community’s story and vision with thousands of local residents to help Reservoir grow and to facilitate flourishing in our city.
Our start date is flexible, but the following criteria are not. Our preferred candidate:
- Maintains a vital, experienced personal communion with Jesus.
- Communicates about Jesus and faith in natural, non-church language.
- Is familiar with and enthusiastic about Reservoir’s ministry model, including what we call a centered-set Jesus ministry, with a “third way” approach to ethical differences and matters of conscience.
- Can curate content and increase engagement on Reservoir Church’s social media channels.
- Develops and implements an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of Reservoir Church and strengthen the consistency of Reservoir’s brand across a broad population in Cambridge and neighboring communities.
- Is savvy in understanding our diverse, post-Christian culture and knows how to best represent our culture and message within it. Will identify initiatives that focus on Reservoir interests such Jesus, spirituality, community, justice, and meaning in life that also pair well with our city’s culture and interests.
- Practices relational skills of empathy, reconciliation, hospitality, and love that make you a delight to lead, partner with, and follow. Can delegate tasks well and recruit, inspire, and develop other leaders to accomplish projects. Works well independently as needed and is entrepreneurial, enjoying creating and implementing new initiatives, partnerships, and events.
- Is a proficient in writing, editing, graphic design, communication, strategy and multi-tasking.
- Is enthusiastically committed to personal and professional growth as well as close, collaborative relationships with our senior pastor and pastoral team.
- Brings diversity of identity and experience to our pastoral team serving a diverse congregation, which is inter-generational, a blend of urban and suburban, and multi-ethnic. (We are approximately two-thirds White, with the other third of our people largely African-American/African and Asian-American.)
Reservoir Church offers our new pastor the following and more:
- A senior pastor, Board, and team that will be utterly committed to the development of this person, including resources for ongoing learning and growth.
- A uniquely diverse church: multi-ethnic; members of significant socio-economic status but also a class-diverse, urban church footprint; third way on controversial issues and inclusive of all people; roots and interest in social justice, Bible, Holy Spirit renewal, and innovation.
- Competitive pay and benefits. Position is listed as full-time. Will also consider a part-time hire, should that be preferable for the candidate.
- A warm, supportive, happy, low-drama and low-politics church leadership and congregation.
- A cutting edge approach in doing church, and Jesus/Kingdom of God ministry for and with a pluralistic culture.
- Deep enough financial resources, volunteer talent, and entrepreneurial energy within the community to do spectacular and innovative things together.
- This position is currently funded for one year, but we are optimistic about our current growth and hope to fund the position for 2019 and beyond as well.
Contact Reservoir senior pastor Steve Watson (email@example.com) for a confidential conversation about your story and Reservoir, or to request further information.