Hiring: Communications Associate
July 29, 2019
Reservoir Church is a dynamic, multi-ethnic, inclusive, Jesus-centered faith community in North Cambridge, Massachusetts. Four to five hundred people attend our weekly Sunday services and programs. We host thirty community groups and are involved in many local and global partnerships as well. In all that we do, we aim to inspire people to discover the love of God, the joy of living, and the gift of community. For more on our community, visit us at http://www.reservoirchurch.org/about/
Reservoir is searching for a part-time (10-15 hours/week) Communications Associate to join us by September 1, 2019. Under the supervision of the Director of Operations and Communications, and in collaboration with our pastoral staff, this person will manage weekly church communications. This will include the following:
- Uploading of Sunday sermons and other content to our website.
- Managing our website’s usability, quality, SEO, and functionality.
- Managing our Google Ad grant and other online marketing.
- Production of weekly Sunday programs and slides, including the newsfeed in the lobby.
- Regularly sending church-wide communications via email and social media.
- Light graphic design work for social media and other projects.
Our preferred candidate:
- Maintains a vital, experienced personal communion with Jesus.
- Is familiar with and enthusiastic about Reservoir’s ministry model, including what we call a centered-set Jesus ministry, with a “third way” approach to ethical differences and matters of conscience.
- Works with excellent detail orientation and task completion efficiency.
- Has excellent editing skills to ensure that all written text represents Reservoir well.
- Experienced with maintaining a website on WordPress platform.
- Skilled with, or able to quickly learn, tools and strategies for search engine optimization, online advertising, and social media engagement.
- Practices relational skills of empathy, reconciliation, hospitality, and love that make you a delight to lead, partner with, and follow.
- Is enthusiastically committed to personal and professional growth as well as close, collaborative working relationships with our Director of Operations and Communication and team.
Reservoir Church offers our staff the following and more:
- A uniquely diverse church: multi-ethnic; members of significant socio-economic status but also a class-diverse, urban church footprint; third way on controversial issues and inclusive of all people; roots and interest in social justice, Bible, Holy Spirit renewal, and innovation.
- Competitive part-time pay and benefits.
- A warm, supportive, happy, low-drama and low-politics church leadership and congregation.
- A cutting edge approach in doing church, and Jesus/Kingdom of God ministry for and with a pluralistic culture.
- Deep enough financial resources, volunteer talent, and entrepreneurial energy within the community to do spectacular and innovative things together.
Contact Reservoir Director of Operations and Communications (email@example.com) to request further information or apply.