- This event has passed.
REDI Team Recruitment for 1 More Week!
April 8, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Deadline is April 15 to submit nominations for Reservoir’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion team!
One of our church’s five core values is everyone. (We seek to welcome people in all their diversity, without exception, to embrace a life connected to Jesus and others.) Another is action. (Love for Jesus compels us to act—to seek justice, show compassion, work for reconciliation, and hope for transformation in joyful engagement with the world.) As part of working towards these core values, we formed the Reservoir Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (REDI) team in Spring 2019.
The REDI team is a group of Reservoir members with a range of backgrounds working to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion at Reservoir in three main ways:
- Evaluation and assessment: through surveys and listening sessions to identify and magnify voices that are underrepresented, or do not feel a sense of belonging in our community and track that over time. REDI Report 2020 available here.
- Support and advise the staff and board: based on responses to survey and feedback from the community, proposing recommendations to promote EDI efforts to the staff and board, and provide resources and accountability with organizational decisions such as hiring or representation on leadership.
- Operates as a think tank to jumpstart and support EDI programs such as researching strategies for crisis and trauma response, inviting our community to engage in and create diverse and inclusive liturgies, and offer other ideas that serve the community.
REDI has a two year membership commitment, which means that many of the original team members will be stepping down this spring and we are looking for new members to join and replace them.
What we need:
3-5 new people for a 2-year commitment. 2-4 of our current members will also be continuing on for another year to smooth the transition.
- You are invited to apply if you are a member or in the process of becoming a member, committed to and invested in the community. All are welcome to apply, and we especially welcome applicants who are people of color, people with disabilities, people who identify as part of the LGBTQ community, people whose first language is something other than English, and those who identify as lower income or working class.
- Self-nominations and nominations of others will be accepted. To nominate yourself or someone else, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short statement or with a request to talk in person, on why you/they would be a good candidate for the team by April 15th. We will follow up with nominations to schedule a conversation about the role by May 1st. Decisions will be made by representatives from the current REDI Team, Staff, and the Board by June 1st.
- Priority will be given to members with experience in diversity and inclusion initiatives and those with trusted spiritual and relational history in our community.
- Time commitment is 2 years from June 2021. Usually meeting every six weeks but sometimes more frequently depending on projects or initiatives in process. Communication happens primarily through email averaging about 5 email threads between meetings.
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com. Thank you!